[NTLK] HWR of punctuation in Out box

From: Tom McDougal (TMcDougal_at_newted.org)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 22:57:00 EST

When I reply to a message or otherwise edit an outgoing message in the
In/Out application, the HW recognizer absolutely refuses to recognize
punctuation--any punctuation--when written with the word it follows (or
precedes, in the cases of quotes or parens). It does, however, recognize
commas & question marks written by themselves.

I use Eudora on my Newton (may switch to Simple Mail) but I don't think
this is a Eudora issue. I searched the faq and archives without finding
anything.

Is this a common problem and can anyone suggest a fix?

-Tom

--
Tom McDougal
Tom.McDougal.84_at_alum.dartmouth.org