[NTLK] Holster CO58 Field Report

From: Charles Isaac (newton_at_aslannet.org)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 10:46:32 EST

http://www.ripoffs.com/co58.htm

This is the holster I have been looking for. First I have used a number
of differing holsters and cases over the years. My first was the
NewtBoot when they came out. I enjoyed however it is not a holster it
is case and a strap

Most of my holster type of cases have come from camera shops and eagle
creek. About 5 years ago eagle creek. This had many pockets and
Replaced my wallet (which is good). The newton 2100 fit in vertical
and would slide in and out. However the eagle creek bag kind died as
the metal and the zipper splintered and i would cut myself on the bag.
I then had several camera bags that were similar to the eagle creek
bag. However they all had to much padding and were not flexiable and
were to thick.

Fast Forward to today. I received my CO58 last Wednesday. It is thin
and flexiable. It is solid and has no zippers. Instead it has velcro
and well constructed. The clip on the back will not accidently come off
while moving. When it snaps on it is on the belt.

With the size and all considered I can wear the CO58 when driving my
mustang and van. I have also worn while driving a pickup truck (older
toyota), and a Ford Mountaineer. I had to remove the case when I
crawled into a MR2 Turbo. I think my pants were to thick.

I am not keen on the front pockets. I would like to strap the larger
one down further so I can carry ID, cash, and Credit Cards in it.
However I can carry my PCMCIA modem and phone cable.

The CO58 stays out of the way and works very very well. I am very
impressed and finally have found my case.

Charles

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html