Re: [NTLK] About the ser-001

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 18:57:37 EST

From the way I've been reading it these last several
months is that the Pixsolution uses the power switch
to change the speed of the Newt,
While the Gearshift method uses a software switch to
change the speed. Additionally, I gather that the
Gearshift method of acelleration will be easier to
install. The only soldering needed is to remove the
xtal and solder two wires. (I really didn't want to do
a Pixsolution install...too many places to solder)
I may be wrong, but least...this is what I gather...
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Andrew Thiel <aothiel_at_unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:

> On Sunday, November 17, 2002, at 04:15 AM,
> newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
> wrote:
>
> > Gearshift has nothing to do with the Pixsolution
> solution (huh!). While
> > they are both overclocking solutions, gearshift
> does its' stuff in a
> > completely different way (Clock different). As the
> name of the device
> > might suggest, the speed is user selectable.
>
> Does this mean that an implant permanently puts you
> in 220mhz mode, or
> are you just saying that the speed selection
> techniques are different
> for each upgrade? Are there any other differences?
> Are you going to
> offer to install it for an extra fee, like
> Pixsolution will?
>
> I was just planning to get an implant, and you just
> had to throw a
> wrench in the works!
>
> -Animal

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous