[NTLK] Keeping it all together - nSync, iSync, bluetooth and the Newton.

From: b e n w e l l s|headwerkx (headwerkx_at_iprimus.com.au)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 08:54:44 EST

My apologies if this subject has been discussed at length before...

With my Newton AND copy of MacOS X coming this week, I'm starting to figure
out a scheme to keep all my contacts and data sync'd and sorted. Currently
all my notes are sorted in a random manner all over my desk/studio/home on
bits of paper (hence the Newton) and contacts are in a Siemens SL-45 phone.
I'm curious how other people organise their <jobsRDF>digital
lifestyle</jobsRDF> and still include their Newton.

The Siemens is the worst phone I've ever owned (3 in 3 years) - it crashes
more often that my Win98 machine - so I'm thinking of replacing its sorry
butt with a bluetooth-enabled Nokia (probably a 6310, the 6110 was a good
phone). iSync is looking quite good and seeing as a USB Bluetooth adapter is
only AU$99 I figure why not.

Of course iSync won't play with a Newton (and isn't like to - ever) so I'd
have to use nSync, with MacOS X's address book as the "home base".

Is anyone doing this at the moment? How is it going? Any problems/issues?

With PCMCIA bluetooth cards not costing much either, one has to ask - is
anyone in the community working on a driver for the Newton? I know WiFi's
more interesting and probably more useful, but the cost...

Also, what's everyone's recommendation for shifting over general notes and
other data over to a Mac?

Cheers, Ben.

--
:: ROYAL SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF OLD MACS ::
  9600/G4-350 || 8500/200MP-AV || IIfx || SE/30