[NTLK] PhotoShow [was: Re: What are the top 10-15 apps for a 2100?]

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 11:06:37 EST

> If anyone here has used PhotoShow, can you confirm whether the
> connectivity
> software that comes with it (customized version of X-port) will work
> with
> Ethernet on a Mac, and whether it will work in Classic/Jaguar?

I use Photoshow, and get pictures into it from my Mac running Jaguar by
using the regular version of X-Port which runs fine over Ethernet
including Wifi. Now, I don't know for sure that the X-Port Lite
software that is bundled with Photoshow works over Ethernet, but I'd
bet that it does, since it's based on the same core as the commercial
version of X-Port.

One observation about Photoshow: it is indeed a great piece of
software, but is limited in that it can only accept pictures via
X-Port. There is no facility for drag/drop, importing GIFs/JPEGs from
the Inbox or Newt's Cape Image Cache, etc. I find this a bit
frustrating at times as otherwise it is so good. I would like to be
able to use it as my default image viewer since it has such nice
previewing, scrolling, file/print, etc. It's much more full-featured
than Tibet.

-Jeremy

Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD - jbond_at_jameswhale.com
San Francisco, CA - AIM: jeremybondsf

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html