Re: [NTLK] Jaguar killed Classic AirPort AppleTalk?

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 16:19:08 EST

> Unless I'm just doing something terribly wrong, this will be a serious
> problem for those of us who have been using our built-in AirPort cards
> for NCU under OS X.
>
> Anyone else have a different experience?

Yes. I've had no trouble accessing NCU wirelessly over AirPort,
AppleTalk and all. You'll need to boot into OS 9 first, make sure
AppleTalk is turned on (this is for Classic's sake, since you can't do
that through OS X in Classic), and then boot into OS X.

Though to be fair, it seems to be hit-and-miss for some people, and
I've no idea why. I did have trouble with an earlier version of OS X
(which used an OS 9 version where I had been running AirPort as the
basis for Classic); but I did a completely clean install of 10.2, and
it's worked ever since.

(You might try deleting your AppleTalk preferences in OS 9, just to
make sure the new settings are set.)

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html