Re: [NTLK] Jaguar killed Classic AirPort AppleTalk?

From: Gabriela & Radek Biciste (biciste_at_emailplus.org)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 17:27:39 EST

Hi,
isn't that problem I'm having with AppleTalk in Classic using crossover
cable for connecting Newton and my B&W G3 over ethernet? Understand if
your wired connection is just between Newton ethernet card and Mac's
ethernet. If Newton and Mac are connected through ethernet switch then
everything works fine. Classic tends to turn off AppleTalk if there is
no activity on the port assigned to it.
Do you have TCP/IP active on AirPort while using AppleTalk there? I
would try to enable TCP/IP on the same AirPort and try again. Please
discard if this is a total nonsense. I do not have wireless setup for my
Mac.
Hope this helps,
Radek