Re: [NTLK] Newbie Convert from the Past.

From: Morgan Nichol (newton_at_the-monkey.net)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 19:45:19 EST

On 19 Nov 2002 at 14:44, Kenton A. Hoover wrote:

> On another note, I do have a question: I started with a 120, then a
> 130, made the upgrade to a 2000, and then ended up with two 2100s.
> Paid close to list for all (yes, I'm such a goyem -- I paid *RETAIL*).
> So, are Newtons so much better that those of you who paid $100 would
> be willing to pay $1000 -- ok, let's say $900 ($1000 - $100) -- for
> one?

No way. I'm cheap. I only got mine to play with - mine was NZ$160
which translates to roughly US$80.

My one came with screen cover (with both clips still on the back),
original stylus, two rechargable batteries, plus a battery tray, all
the manuals and original installation disks & power / connection
cables & dongle (but no din8 to db9 adapter, I made my own) and
original box, plus a crappy old modem with no dongle.

If anyone else had bid on the auction, I might have gone up another
NZ$20 - $40, but no one did.

Regards,
             Morgan

--
Morgan Nichol      -      morgan_at_quirk.co.nz
09 3073 678         -      021 159 0736