Re: [NTLK] NewtSync - Addresses just stops

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 20:07:33 EST

At 07:44 PM 11/19/2002 -0500, Patrick Curtain <patrick_at_swdev.com> wrote:

[problem with nSync]

>Anyone have ideas to suggest? Are there numeric limits that start
>bumping against heap limits?

Patrick,

I had similar problems with nSync (sorry, I just CAN'T stop calling it
that). The sync would begin, and continue for 200 names, then gradually
slow down and finally completely stop at around 220. John was very helpful,
sending me test builds to try to work around my problem. Eventually I gave
up and did the following:

a) deleted all my Mac Address Book contacts
b) X-PORTed all my Newton names, then re-imported them.

I've been accumulating Names since 1994 and probably have never done this
kind of housecleaning.

Now I nSync without a problem. I have about 600 Names. I don't know whether
(a) or (b) was the determining factor, but I'd guess some of my Names
records were subtly corrupted and performing (b) eliminated the problem.

I can't guarantee that this will work for you, I just wanted to relate my
experience.

Good luck,

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Bond Shepherd
jbond_at_jameswhale.com

Americans practice different faiths in churches, synagogues, mosques and temples. And many good people practice no faith at all. - George W. Bush, finally gets it right in his Easter Address of 2002 My PGP key is available on public keyservers.