Re: [NTLK] A barrage of newbie questions...

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 08:07:31 EST

Hi Ben,

Welcome aboard

At 23:15 20/11/2002 +1100, you wrote:
>[1] How do I get my Extras folder back in the toolbar?

Make something else the backdrop. e.g. Avi's backdrop. Tap and hold on the
chosen app until it squeaks. Then choose "Make Backdrop" from the routing
menu.

>[2] Where do you actually switch on/off the backlight without using
>Dashboard or Avi?
Press and hold the power switch for a couple of seconds to toggle the
backlight.

>[3] When I plug in the modem it says its found a Communications card; when I
>put in the Ethernet card, it does nothing. Good thing/bad thing?
Without the ethernet drivers I'd expect it to say the card wasn't
recognised. Try the other slot.

>[4] The nib in the Ti stylus is broken. Can new nibs be bought, or is there
>a way to hack some plastic of another style or bit of plastic to replace it.
Not that I know of.

A good starting point for info is the FAQ. see the footer for details.

Cheers.

Andy.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html