Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]SimpleMail & Wireless

From: Andrew Shlapak (divise_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 17:37:00 EST

on Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:52:11 -0500 Laurent Daudelin
<laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net wrote:
>>> From: Luiz Petroni <lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br>
>>>

>>> Maybe you need to create/enable a SimpleMail account in the
>>> OwnerInfo:
>>>
>>> 1. Select OwnerInfo > Select Owner
>>> 2. Select Add > SimpleMail
>>> 3. Enter email account data and tap on the enabled checkbox (upper
>>> left
>>> corner)
>>>
>>> --lpetroni
>>

>> Thank you!
>>
>> I enabled it as directed.
>>
>> Got the SimpleMail (In/Out) to attempt to connect. It posted a
>> "-48418"
>> error - which is a "type" error, I think. The error was posted after
>> an
>> ethernet/internet link was established. The process got as far as
>> posting the Newt's IP address.
>>
>> I tried sending mail. After it was sent, the same error occurred and
>> the Newt locked-up and went into its reset process after the power
>> switch was pushed. I know the email was sent because it was received.
>
> What was the size of the email, small? What specific Newton model are
> you
> using? It seems like some information is corrupted, based on the error
> number you're reporting... However, it's hard to tell where exactly,
> unfortunately...
>
> -Laurent.

I'm using an MP2000. Yes, the sent message was very small.

When enabling SimpleMail in the "owner", should any of the data -
"user", "password", "SMTP server", etc be filled in? The AirPort Base
Station modem is handling the internet connection... but I entered the
data.

As usual, thank you for any help and/or advice,

Andrew

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html