Re: [NTLK] Frozen Newton Project

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 02:15:33 EST

on 22/11/02 00:36, Jeremy Bond Shepherd at jbond_at_jameswhale.com wrote:

>> I have been looking into creating Frozen Newton's for users in North
>> America.
>
> This looks interesting to me, especially if one of the sources of
> jaggies is a warped case. A new case should cure jaggies if this
> hypothesis is correct, no?

From what I have read about this problem over the years, the warped case is
just a temporary solution to the problem of the contacts between the mobo
and the screen being dirty or loose. Undue pressure in a specific spot
around the screen may cause some jaggies, but I think the problem in most
cases is really the contacts.

-Laurent.

creationism n.: The (false) belief that large, innovative software designs can be completely specified in advance and then painlessly magicked out of the void by the normal efforts of a team of normally talented programmers. In fact, experience has shown repeatedly that good designs arise only from evolutionary, exploratory interaction between one (or at most a small handful of) exceptionally able designer(s) and an active user population -- and that the first try at a big new idea is always wrong. Unfortunately, because these truths don't fit the planning models beloved of management, they are generally ignored.