Re: [NTLK] i lookrd and looked

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 09:02:10 EST

on 22/11/02 07:48, mimi.cipollone at mimi.cipollone_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> but can't find in the archives
> trying the faq's too
>
> IS there a way to make a sound package out of a wav midi or mp3 or au file
> on windows
>
> i've got a sound program for use on mac... thanks again Chrisyopher!!...but
> problems getting to a mac with time and without many little children around me
>
> so far i've been recording onto mp2100, then beaming note to the kids' emates
> they all have a special song they want
> and the recording is very scratchy
>
> anyone know the answer offhand
> ?
> thanks
> mimi

Never done it myself, and there might be some packages that will do it
automatically for you, but I think you might have to build an extension with
the sounds you want in Newton Toolkit, resulting in the familiar Newton
package that we all know. You will probably need to convert the sound for
the Newton, but I'm not sure about the format. I think you would be safe
with the "System 7" sound format. I'm sure others will correct me if I'm
wrong, so I invite them to enlighten us!

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows, misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly abbreviated BSOD.)