Re: [NTLK] Eratic Discharges and shut downs.

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 10:19:07 EST

Do you use the 'Power' button at all, or just turn it off by closing the
lid? I had similar behavior with my eMate, put in new batteries as
well, and finaly found that if you turn it off with the 'Power' button,
the batteries didn't drain out like that.

In the end I disabled the lid-switch entirely:
http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/otheremate.html
and now I've left my eMate sitting unplugged for up to 2 months, and
it's still got lots of power when I turn it back on.

Also, I heard that installing the latest system patch can fix some bug
with the power handling software, but I don't have any first-hand
experience with that.

-Stephanie

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html