Re: [NTLK] Eratic Discharges and shut downs.

From: Martin Joseph (marty_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 14:39:14 EST

On Friday, November 22, 2002, at 07:15 AM, T. wrote:

> Hi all,
> I love my eMate. I don't like that I can put it in my backpack and
> next time I remove it (a few hours later) it has discharged 50% of
> the battery and is shut-off, needing a reset in the back. What gives?
> Any ideas? The battery is new. I replaced it because I thought the
> problem was the battery. I was wrong. It did this same behaviour
> prior to the replacement.

Make sure and check out Stephanies research and hack to remove the lid
switch....

Also, make sure your emate is not set to receive beams automatically.
This causes rapid power drain also.

In general I find the emate's power management is sketchy when compared
to the other Newtons I have owned (120 and 2000), but I think
stephanie has the right idea with the lid switch.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html