Re: [NTLK] Eratic Discharges and shut downs

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 16:22:42 EST

>I love my eMate. I don't like that I can put it in my backpack and
>next time I remove it (a few hours later) it has discharged 50% of
the battery and is shut-off, needing a reset in the back.

It shouldn't need a reset if it is still 50% full. You should make sure
that the "Receive beams automatically" preference is off because this
is hard on the battery. Also, as was mentioned already, always power
off with the power button, not by simply closing the lid. Last not least,
there are some PCMCIA cards out there that are fairly power hungry.

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html