Re: [NTLK] Frozen Newton Project

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 15:55:59 EST

>On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 11:42 AM, Martin Joseph wrote:

>>> <snip>
>>> It uses Tritium, a radioisotope of Hydrogen (no, I'd never heard of it
>>> either, and I had the periodic table stuck in my head for 3 years at
>>> college).
>> <snip>
>>
>> I think Tritium is "heavy water"...
>>

>Never mind me, i guess it was deuterium I was thinking of...
>
>marty

Deuterium is the isotope with one proton and one neutron. Tritium is one
proton and two neutrons. (Hydrogen has one proton only). Tritium is
radioactive, deuterium is not. Heavy water usually refers to D2O, and is
used for a variety of purposes, but the one everyone thinks of is for
fission reactors as a neutron modulator.

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.NuShield.com> for NuShield screen protectors.
Don't leave your Newt Naked!

For a limited time: Clear 2X00 films!

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513