Re: [NTLK] Speaking about alt...rec

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 12:42:33 EST

À (At) 11:56 +0100 24/11/02, Robert Benschop écrivait (wrote) :
>Where does alt..rec store it's information?

Depends on what kind of information you're referring to.
Like most applications, it stores data in the System soup (the
preferences) and data in an external soup (the expansions). (it does
so since an early version).

>But now I seem to have lost my personal word list I've build up over time,
>so is that list stored in the 'System Information' or the 'Other
>Information' and if so (or wherever it is stored) can one make a separate
>export or a restore of just this info?

The personal word list is not stored by alt.rec.... but by the
system. It is in the system soup.

I don't know if one can extract it that easily. It's a binary, a
dictionary actually, with some additional information.

I think that in backups, the alt.rec.... soup appears as such.

If you don't care sending me your backup file, I'll try to extract it
and make a package so you can restore it to your Newton.

Also, some night between 2 and 3, I'll release the latest build of
alt.rec.... that solves a problem that you can encounter when
restoring backups. Victor did have it. But I'm pretty sure that you
Robert won't have it :)

BTW, I apologize for not releasing ATA Support RC3 this week-end. I
happen to have suffered from a complete disk crash. I'll do my best
to release it ASAP. Maybe Tuesday.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/