Re: [NTLK] Speaking about alt...rec

From: d0pp13r (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 17:54:59 EST

> From: Paul Guyot <pguyot_at_kallisys.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Speaking about alt...rec
>=20
> =C0 (At) 11:56 +0100 24/11/02, Robert Benschop =E9crivait (wrote) :
>>
>> But now I seem to have lost my personal word list I've build up over tim=
e,
>> so is that list stored in the 'System Information' or the 'Other
>> Information' and if so (or wherever it is stored) can one make a separat=
>> export or a restore of just this info?
>=20
> The personal word list is not stored by alt.rec.... but by the
> system. It is in the system soup.
>=20
> If you don't care sending me your backup file, I'll try to extract it
> and make a package so you can restore it to your Newton.

really, paul, if it was possible to extract that information plus the owner
info (locations and others), i would be really happy. this is the kind of
utility that would make brainwipes much easier.

i always hesitate to restore the system info after a brainwipe, so i ended
up many times entering that information from scratch again, which always
takes a couple of hours.

when it comes to the wordlist and expansions, it is of course impossible.

PS. sorry about your hard drive!

/ =AE

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__