Re: [NTLK] ANN: SER-001

From: PCBman (pcbman_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 16:22:39 EST

Paul (and everyone else who's listening),

I do not advocate the use of only one screw. Two are supplied and two are
required. If you use one, you will experience a failure of that board at
some time in the future. You see, no matter how careful you are when you
plug/unplug the serial cable, each mating puts a rotational torque on the
internal connector. It will fail sometime. Maybe now, maybe later. But it
will fail.

Be advised: I will not support units that have been improperly installed

Use _both_ screws!

PCBman