[NTLK] Sync Newton via Modem

From: Ryan Abel (general_antilles_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 21:46:23 EST

        I have a 2100, I just received my dongle today, but I can't sync with
my Quicksilver because it has no serial port. I'm purchasing an adapter
soon, but for the time being I'd like to be able to install packages,
and sync via modem. I have the Newton Fax Modem. I would just connect
to the 'net, and download packages, but there is neither a browser or
an e-mail client installed on the Newton. I have a Performa 400 that I
could use, but when I load up and burn a CD with the connection
utilities, and some packages the Performa doesn't see any files on the
CD *shrug*.

        Thank in advance!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html