Re: [NTLK] Sync Newton via Modem

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 11:29:56 EST

On 26/11/02 11:05, "Ryan Abel" <general_antilles_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I should clarify, I have already put them through Packager, but
> the Performa sees the CD as being empty. I don't have NCU on the
> Performa, and that is what is on the CD (aside from the miscellaneous
> packages).
>
> On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 12:27 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
>> That's because the packages on the CD have lost their file type. You
>> would
>> need to copy them to your hard disk and then use an utility like
>> "PackType"
>> (most certainly available on UNNA) and fix the file types of those
>> files.
>> Then, NCU should see them.
>>
>> -Laurent.

Then your CD was encoded in some foreign format and you might not be able to
read it with the system that is on your Performa. Are you sure that this CD
isn't a Windozz CD?

-Laurent.

C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to
set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined,
if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the
trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.