Re: [NTLK] Frozen Newton Project - re.

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 15:23:21 EST

> Wow! I hoped Sushi could clarify this. Did you ask them if somebody
> else
> could cop...borrow their idea(s), maybe make an international effort?
> Although I still prefer the translucent green(would look cool with the
> anti-emf coating and green backlight).

Just about *anyone* who is willing to do the research, make the
investment up front (not to mention take the risk) could find a way to
have replacement cases manufactured. There are lots of technical issues
involved (not the least of which is the fact that you'll have to
dissassemble and reassemble your MessagePad, and the possibility that a
variation in the case size could cause problems for the interior
components), but it's not impossible...just an expensive project to get
off the ground.

I think it's a great idea, and I hope someone (preferably someone with
a more trustworthy reputation) does it.

I think it'd be great if the components most likely to show wear and
tear and use (the screen, the backlight and the case) could be
replaced. Now all we need is for someone to manufacture a replacement
on/off switch...

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html