Re: [NTLK] about ATA Support`

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 01:24:31 EST

>Any ideas on a release date for ATA Support?

I've changed my plans. Originally, I wanted RC3 to be the last
RC-release. But ATA Support between beta 10 and RC2 has a big issue
that prevents German users and anyone who has altered indexes to make
it work. I haven't been able to finish the other parts of functions
towards RC3 and I haven't been able to test it entirely.
Nevertheless, I've just started the release script. I'll install it
on my eMate and my WebServer and see if it's releasable.

So we have:
- RC3 (early build) for people who have index-related and card
incompatibility issues and thrill seekers. I need your feedback on
that one. Please anyone who has the ability to do frequent backups
update (and do frequent backups).
- RC4 will fix the issues of RC3 and finish tests (I'll leave tests
as is, but it crashes if you try to run them -- maybe I won't leave
them after all). Maybe backups if it's a few hours thing.
- 1.0 if RC4 doesn't have any big problem (once again, the latest RC
was supposed to be RC3). The difference between RC4 and 1.0 will be
the documentation. Once RC4 is released, I won't touch the code, just
rewrite the doc.

This will probably occur before the end of the year. I mean I have
exams in the second half of December and then plenty of time. I now
develop on a laptop, so I'll bring it to boring family gatherings and
work on my various projects there.
It could also occur in the next weeks, depending on how's my life,
the universe and everything. In particular, for one of the PhDs I'm
doing, there is some kind of ranking based on December exams, so I
have to succeed there if I want to get a grant.

>I've been checking your home page for some time, and it doesn't give=20
>any news.

I apologize for not updating that much.

Paul

--