Re: [NTLK] Voice of reason

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 09:03:37 EST

------------------
>Hi all! first post, here go's:

There's gotta be a 'first-time' for almost everything. ;-)
------------------
> I might question apple entering the Tablet PC market. I'm still of the
opinion that the Tablet PC is perhaps the worst thought out piece of
technology ever invented. It maintains a large size for relative weight but
in its current
>incarnation its not really luggable.. I also see problems with screen
protection.

Have you tried a Fujitsu Pen Tablet?
Wacom pen-interfaced tablets are widely used all over the place.
Thanks to 'current' technology, a thin 2.5 lb. 'tabletPC' is easy to carry.
 NuShields will probably make screen protectors that fit. ;-) I have a
'touch-screen tablet' PC, the Qbe, made in 1999. It's a whole lotta fun to
use a finger or pen to 'open' apps, close apps, and 'drag-and-drop'. But
the 'pen' software for HWR is not accurate and doesn't work in every app.
The latest releases can be sufficient to replace a keyboard. But of course
$J would be the last one to touch a keyboard-less Mac. :-o

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
www.lanug.org

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html