Re: [NTLK] Why emails and not Forums?

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_FInkelstein.Net)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 10:11:52 EST

On 11/29/02 1:16 AM, "Martin Joseph" <marty_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> On Friday, November 29, 2002, at 12:54 AM, Miguel D'Amico wrote:
>
>> Hi all, I'm pretty new to the Newton world. I bought two 2100s and a
>> 120 and
>> some accessories. I really like this little Newton community keeping
>> things
>> alive, but I'm finding it extremely annoying having to read little
>> messages
>> email by email. Why use emails and not forums?

> There also newsgroups if you like to use usenet....

I always preferred the newsgroups myself. I used to be on a dozen or so
mailing lists, and would get several hundred messages a day. This was back
in the early 90's when that was unusual. :-)

Then I discovered USENET and was able to participate in hundreds of lists,
and keep my e-mail at a much more manageable level.

Sure, a good e-mail client can do an OK job of dealing with lists, but it's
not what the client was designed to do, so all of them, that I have tried,
are pretty lacking.

But, getting people to switch from what they are familiar with? Forget
about it. :-)

Loren

P.S. There are newton newsgroups, but nowhere near as prolific as this
list.

--
E-Mail:     Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net
Web:        http://Loren.Finkelstein.Net