[NTLK] Why emails and not Forums?

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 22:49:54 EST

Miguel D'Amico <mdamico_at_mac.com>

> Hi all, I'm pretty new to the Newton world. I bought two 2100s and a
120
> and some accessories. I really like this little Newton community
keeping
> things alive, but I'm finding it extremely annoying having to read
little
> messages email by email.

You should probably set your subscription to Digest Mode, if I
understand your statment correctly.

> Why use emails and not forums? Forums could still be
subscription-based
> and it would be so much cooler, efficient,easier,etc Ok ok maybe its
> the expensive hostings?Maybe we could request some space at
Macaddict
> forums? Or anywhere else?

One thing one would have to look at in using forums is the technical
specs of the forum host/softwar/etc. ... because a lot of people are
using their Newtons to read this stuff. Logging into some forums I've
seen require JavaScript support, Java, ASP, and a whole bunch of TLAs
I've yet to run into ...!

So ... Digest Mode is your friend (IMO).

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html