Re: [NTLK] NewTen surprise

From: Chet Johns (cjohns_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 23:27:51 EST

Just to be sure I haven't missed anything, is there still no way in mac OS X
to move files from the newton to the mac? I have used NewTen to get packages
from the mac to the newt, and was never really impressed with the apple
newton connection utilities (having gradually moved away from classic
anyway). Is there any way to get NewTen to reverse the process and remove
files and packages from the newton, and if not, any plans in the works for
this?

Where's a good place to begin self training in programming for the newt?
I've downloaded what I could find from UNNA. I remember seeing some
commercial "home grown" templates and programs used by some of the drug reps
years back and would like to work on something like this.

Also, what was the last version of filemaker that could work with the newton
(I'm sure I still have a copy of each version since 2 in my garage). Anyone
using the original now up to date with a more recent Mac OS (9.x) and the
newton?

Thanks, Chet

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html