[NTLK] power woes...

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 13:04:10 EDT

I've been using some loose NiMH batt's in a tray for my 2100, and
lately they just havent been charging in the external charger I
have... figured perhaps they'd come to the end of their lives, but
when I bought new shiney 1800mah batt's and charged them, they also
lasted only abt 10mins....
So, it is the charger that is broken.
I am wondering, is it possible to fix the charger? (I thought
unlikely). This is a Nimh charger that switches to trickle charge
when it senses the batt's are full... I assume it is sensing too
fast...
Anyway, it's a Quest AA & AAA wall charger (Harding energy Inc).

If anyone has any thoughts on this, pls do tell.

Now, my other power problem.
I've been using a Quicktake 200 A/C adapter to power the newt. I
dropped said adapter and since it has not worked at all. (who would
have thought you could break an A/C adapter by dropping it???)... I
have tried unsucessfully to take it apart... it has liitle pin screws
recessed in the case. If anyone has any ideas on how to open it w/o
ruining it further, pls let me know. Also, thoughts on a fix?

thanks much!