Re: [NTLK] Daily, weekly, monthly on OS X

From: Ashley Campbell (awc2_at_buyclamsonline.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 15:20:45 EDT

On Tuesday, October 1, 2002, at 01:38 PM, Mike O'Brien wrote:

> But once
> built, "locate" lets you find any file in the file system immediately,
> by
> name. Try it in a Terminal window. You'll never use "Find..." again!
> Of course, it's using a database that's as old as the last time
> "weekly"
> was run. That's the downside.

Agreed. It's a wonderful feature. That's why I have it run daily. I
also do the same on my NeXT Cube. Unfortunately, I had it set to happen
at 3:30 in the morning, but the big 'ol hard drive in that thing would
wake me up. I now have it set to run about the time I'm in the shower
every morning =)

-awc