[NTLK] Connecting a TiBook and Newton with irDA

From: Michael Sciascia (msciascia_at_poc.it)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 18:53:19 EDT

Hi,
I've just got my Newton 2000 (upgr. 2100) and II find it fantastic!
While I am waiting for the serial cable to arrive I would like to
connect the newton to my titanium using the irDa port.
I downloaded the "NewtonDILTesterPPC" and tried to use it to connect to
the Newton.
In jaguar I couldn't let it work, so i restarted from OS 9.2.2 and
tried from there.
I don't know where i make it wrong but the two don't communicate.
If i check the "infrared port" panel control it actually says that the
connection to the Newton is up, but the "NewtonDILTesterPPC" says that
connection failed and on the other hand the newton can't see the
Titanium.
Could you, please, give me a link where i can find a little step by
step tutorial to do this? is there a way to do this with OS X 10.2.1?
Another question :-/
How long the batteries should be charging before they are fully
charged? And which should be the average endurance of the batteries? I
fear that they are dead because after less than an hour they were
reported as fully charged, but the charge hold just one hour or less.
Thanks for the information and sorry for the stupid questions.
I checked the FAQs but I haven't been lucky, especially about the irDa
connection.

regards,
Michael