Re: [NTLK] Pager Card Drivers For 2.x

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 00:00:47 EDT

more than likely, the pager card is no longer able to
function either...
It's been found on this list, that most of the paging
companies that offered service to these cards either
went out of business or stopped supporting them. I
would check with your local paging company to see if
you can even USE the darn thing before I even look for
the software...because, the software would be moot if
the card can't be used!
Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- George Qualley IV <qualleyiv_at_mac.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have had a Newton Pager Card for a while but since
> I got it I haven't
> been able to use it because it is apparently only
> compatible with OS
> 1.x. At one time however, I had heard that there was
> a driver that made
> this work with OS 2.0 does anyone know anything
> about this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> George Qualley IV
> D.J. G Mint
> Thunder & Lightning Sound and Lighting

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party