Re: [NTLK] the icecast server list

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 21:25:04 EDT

>I've found the best thing is to get a list of sites, and input the URLs
>manually into MadMax.
>For example
>yp.icecast.org
>You see a listing for WEMU-FM 89.1 :-) [Jazz, Blues, NPR] 128 kbps

Thanks Mark; I did do this in the end. But just what 2.5 weeks ago I
thought someone posted about the yp.icecast site, as working in Newt's
Cape. I can't get it to render though even with table, images, and font
faces disabled. .sigh.

BTW WEMU is nice, it comes from the univ. near here. Although I felt a
little silly setting up a streaming bookmark for a station I get on my
clock radio :)

I still can't get over how well the streaming MP3 works. Such fun.

Brian