Re: [NTLK] EMate Discharging Quickly

From: Rolf Brakvatne (rbrak29_at_qwest.net)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 09:00:43 EDT

On Monday, October 7, 2002, at 05:14 AM, Joel M. Sciamma wrote:

> Are you turning the eMate off with the screen or the power key on the
> keyboard? If the former, are you sure the eMate is actually off?

Joel,

I turn to power off via closing the screen. Yes, it does apparently
shut off.

> Have you checked the Beam prefs in the In/Out Box for "Receive beams
> automatically"? This can use a lot of power if checked.

Receive beams automatically is not checked

> Do you have a memory upgrade installed in the eMate? I had a couple
> that
> actually ran warm when the eMate was off - obviously a defect.
> Removing the
> board returned the eMate to its normal power consumption.

The eMate did have a memory upgrade card (Newer). I removed it and a
16MB memory card to determine if they were the problem. It appears that
they are not the problem.

Thanks

RB