[NTLK] Music scores in landscape

From: Doug Parker (dougparker_at_progressdata.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 09:57:34 EDT

A week or so ago I posted a question about getting barbershop sheet music
graphics to appear on the Newt in landscape mode.

I've got it working.

I import a MIDI file into Cubase Pro (for music score printing) on my Mac.
Next, size the margin to give me about 414 pixel width for the music.
Add lyrics if necessary.
Multilple screen captures are necessary since the large right margin forces
the page to re-flow and the page becomes tall and thin.
PhotoShop on the Mac is used to piece the pics together and export it as a
BMP.
Newton Press loads the BMP, makes the book, and downloads it on my 2100.

What blows me away is that I have a G3 running Virtual PC running a Winders
Newton Press which downloaded to my Newt through a Keyspan USB-to-serial
connection--everything transferred just great. Try doing *that* on Windows.
Somehow I don't believe it'd be as easy.

Doug Parker