Re: [NTLK] Wavelan questions

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 18:21:59 EDT

À (At) 18:10 -0400 7/10/02, Laurent Daudelin écrivait (wrote) :
>In the "Advanced Settings", there is an option for power management. Did you
>enable it? That might help, if this actually works. With somekind of a beta
>version, it's hard to tell...

Yes, I tried it, and it doesn't change anything. The card remains
powered (the led is on). And this option says infrastructure mode
only.

The only way I've found to have the card inserted but off with the
Newton on is powering the Newton off and then back on. The card is
waken when required without any problem.

Beta or not, I love that card and that driver. Tomorrow, I'll
experience SimpleMail 4.3 automatic delivery with this card. I'll see
if it downloads my mail successfully before I wake up, so I won't
even have to wait to read them in the kitchen while the water boils ;)

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/