Re: [NTLK] Bizarre Dongle !

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 20:07:41 EDT

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Daniel Padilla wrote:

> Pictures!! Pictures!!

I'm guessing that if it has RJ-45 and RJ-11 sockets and a "Newton
Interconnect" style plug, this isn't a Newton product. Remember that the
Interconnect connectors were originally designed by a 3rd party for use
in some sort of network card. This may actually be an adapter based off
the original expected use of the Interconnect genders.

Irregardless, I too would like to see hot pix of it. Are there any screws
that may allow it to be re-wired? You could in theory run serial over a
telephone line (whose lengths can be changed) or audio in/out over
variable lenghts of Cat5. That would really rock.

If you see a printed vendor name, please let us know. Maybe a few will
turn up on eBay for cheap. But scan that rascal asap! :)

-Jeff