[NTLK] Email troubles Found! Was:Re: Folders. Folders?

From: gtidave_at_golden.net
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 21:14:54 EDT

For the past few months now, I've been having occasional troubles downloading my
email with my Newt (MP2000U + Simple mail). Tonight, my Newt once again hung
after downloading this email (while storing the msg). Further attempts to
download email got me no further. I called my ISP and got a support tech who was
willing to listen to me and try to help. He burst out laughing when he checked
the header and other such techie stuff. He said that it was a big mess of random
characters, and that is probably why my Newt was having troubles with it.

Sorry SS Rat, nothing personal, your email just happend to be one of those my
Newt had issues with...

Now, my question is: How do I avoid this problem? I need the ability to 'grab
and go' with my email, so browsing and downloading msgs isn't an option. Is
there any way to block the corrupt msgs, or to fix them? Is there something going
on with the list server? I don't know... I'd just like to get my mail! [;^)

Thanks!
Dave