Re: [NTLK] Wavelan questions

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 15:00:02 EDT

I just read all these posts from Paul and you about the WaveLan driver and
WaveLAN cards.

Jesse, could you humor me and explain in detail what you used (what card and
what WAP) and did (on the Newton end and WAP end) to get the WEP working on
your setup?

I have tried different lengths of WEP keys in AirPort Admin, and still can't
get it to work. I even tried using the "$" in front of key when putting it
into the "password" field to put in a literal WEP key.

I have an Apple AirPort Base Station (graphite),
Two WaveLan Silver cards (one in the Newton and one Base Station) that are
both firmware version 8.40.