Re: [NTLK] Battery Question?....

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 00:06:44 EDT

on 10/8/02 11:25 PM, Jeffrey M. Swiger at N8NOE_at_Comcast.Net wrote:
> If I put Nickel-Cadmium Batteries in,
> While I power it from a Adapter, Will the batteries Charge?
    Not unless you fool the MP130 into thinking there is a rechargable
battery pack in it by using a small piece of cardboard to keep the switch in
the battery bay depressed.

> Can I charge Lithium Batteries?
    No. and don't try NiMH cells either. Some people have had good luck,
others have suffered meltdowns.

> I know there is a pack, but Will it charge from the Adapter?
    The Newton battery pack will recharge with the adapter.

Peter