Re: [NTLK] Xsync naming

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 13:09:26 EDT

Now this is the best idea. Even though I won't ever be
using this application, I vote for:
> PouTen ("PT")

But of course, I'm just a Windows user...
Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Pedro Hobbyfrazoo <pjfraser_at_mac.com> wrote:

> ya know, i think there may be a strong case for a
> name that is
> non-descriptive but that somehow pays homage to this
> list.
>
> the great thing about this list is that it's so
> international, and that
> although technical answers are always forthcoming,
> there is also a LOT
> of humor and lightheartedness.
>
> and without this list and the interest in the Newt
> platform that it
> represents, this new app probably wouldn't exist at
> all.
>
> so maybe the name should be an inside joke. to
> 'listas it'll bring
> back a grin and a memory, and to others it'll just
> be a name.
<snip>

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party