[NTLK] [OT] Egocentric

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 14:16:03 EDT

I usually try to restrain myself from posting my own personal things here,
but right now I can't resist. Remember, it's just e-mail: if you don't
like it, delete it.

Yesterday I received my Bachelor of Computing degree from the University
of Guelph, here in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. It's been four years of ups
and downs to get me here, but I'm proud and happy to say that I carried a
Newton (a 130, then an UMP2k, then a 2100) my whole way through, as well
as being a list subscriber since Sean O'Shaughnessy was list dad.

At the beginning of my third year, I started UNNA.org on a server running
out of my residence room, back before transfer meters were used. Even
before then I had all the Newton ethernet info on my personal website.
Last year I was happy to play a major role in getting NewtonTalk moved to
its current home.

What I'm trying to say is that the Newton was a major part of my
university career, and has kept me sane and entertained over those years.

NTLK has 1,723 subscribers as I write this. Thanks to everyone who made
it that way, to the friends I've made over the list, and to everyone here
now, helping the community to defy all odds and keep on growing an
orphaned platform. Thanks for all the personal thank-yous in e-mail and
in person.