[NTLK] serial connection via NIE?

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 16:32:13 EDT

Hi,

I feel ashamed to ask, and will gladly read the
nearest faq.

But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to
connect my newton to my computer using NIE and
simplemail.

I have all the information about my computer, dns,
router the works - but cannot figure out how to enter
the subnet mask into the NIE - there is no slip for it
- do I just add it as an additional server?

The error message I get is that none of my e-mail
accounts are valid. I have tried both slip and ppp.

Any ideas are appreciated. I know that my network
requires a subnet mask, have the number of the subnet
mask but cannot figure out where or how to enter it
into NIE.

Thanks!

=====
My Web sites:
http://www.lexnet.bravepages.com/ind.htm (law)
http://www.geocities.com/newtontechspecs (Newton)

Help! I need to buy a copy of code warrior pro version 4 (i.e. with pascal) for x86 work (nowhere on ebay germany)