[NTLK] serial connection via NIE?

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 18:42:17 EDT

I am simply trying to connect my newton to my desktop
via serial using NIE and simplemail - I wish to mail a
palmbook to my newton and this seems the only way to
do that.

It would be nice to be able to directly mail a note
via my desktop to whoever. But my main objective is to
be able to download palmbooks.

My desktop apparently uses a SiS 900 ethernet card. My
newton has no ethernet card. So I presume I must
connect via serial.

The error message I get is
"None of your e-mail accounts are enabled"
(an exact quote).

>Hmmmm, not quite understanding the question...
>What is it you're trying to do?
>1) connect your Newt to the internet via ethernet?
>2) connect your Newt to a share on your computer via
ethernet?

--- eric engle <engleerica_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I feel ashamed to ask, and will gladly read the
> nearest faq.
>
> But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to
> connect my newton to my computer using NIE and
> simplemail.
>
> I have all the information about my computer, dns,
> router the works - but cannot figure out how to
> enter
> the subnet mask into the NIE - there is no slip for
> it
> - do I just add it as an additional server?

=====
My Web sites:
http://www.lexnet.bravepages.com/ind.htm (law)
http://www.geocities.com/newtontechspecs (Newton)

Help! I need to buy a copy of code warrior pro version 4 (i.e. with pascal) for x86 work (nowhere on ebay germany)