Re: [NTLK] Hardware/Software Combination

From: David Abramowitz (underdog_at_erols.com)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 17:22:14 EDT

Well, you have some choices, in order of coolness:

Warm: Assuming you have 9.2.2 installed, you can install Newton
Connection Utilities on your Mac, connect Ethernet to a hub, connect
your Newton to the hub too, via a supported Ethernet card ( I use the
3Com 3C589D), crank up Newton Connection Utilities on the Mac side,
Dock on the Newton side, and voila, you can connect via AppleTalk.

Cool: Get yourself a Wireless card for the Newt (I use what many on
this list use (aside from drugs and Jolt cola), a Wavelan Silver card),
get yourself an Aiport card and Base Station for the Mac (if you don't
already have them), and connect through Airport (no Ethernet required).

Frozen: As soon as John is finished with Synchronicity for OSX, you
will be able to connect directly to OSX via either Ethernet or
Wireless, and sync your calendar, contacts, and whatever else this
awesome community plugs in (hopefully Backup/Restore).

Check the FAQ (see below) for all the drivers, files, and general wow
factor, and watch this list closely for further developments.

- Dave