Re: [NTLK] Explain this battery stuff to me please...

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 14:29:48 EDT

on 10/11/02 1:41 PM, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
> I think there's also preCharging, when a pack is really empty (but still
> working), this will happen before it starts fastCharging.
    Yes, there is preCharging. I had that with one pack. I did show
deepToast at first after a while of preCharging, but after shining up the
contacts it went through the preCharging again to charging and then to
fastCharging. The pack is still fine and holds an excellent charge. I think
it was oxidation on the contacts that allowed the Newt to still see the pack
but not get any power in or out of it.

Peter