Re: [NTLK] Please help me with DIY serial cable...

From: Morgan Nichol (newton_at_the-monkey.net)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 04:03:27 EDT

On 14 Oct 2002 at 9:48, Johannes Wolf wrote:

> This seems to the pretty old story with the serial connection.
> What you definitely should check is that the Tx on your PC side
> (connector) is routed to the Rx !! of the Newt Mini-DIN connector.
> That means you need exactly one crossover. I gues that you now have
> two crossovers (one in each of your cables) which undo the crossover
> in fact, so you try to connect Tx to Tx and Rx to Rx...

Hi Johannes, you're absolutely right about the TxD & RxD lines
needing to be swapped over, john Neuhaus helped me out with that
point as well. So I now have a happy connectable newt sitting on my
desk.

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped out.

Regards,
             Morgan

--
Morgan Nichol      -      morgan_at_quirk.co.nz
09 3073 678         -      021 159 0736