Re: [NTLK] newton adsl

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 08:08:49 EDT

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 22:18, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> On 08/10/02 15:33, "Danilo Palermo" <palermo.dan_at_tin.it> wrote:
> > Are there any applications for connector my newton through modem adsl.
>
> Depends on what you want to do. I'm guessing that through ADSL, you
> would like to maybe browse the web. For this, you would need a web
> browser like NetHopper or Newtscape, both available on UNNA
> <http://www.unna.org/>. If you want to send/receive email, then you need
> SimpleMail, again available on UNNA.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm assuming the OP is referring to
pppoe, or ADSL dial-in. Am I correct that this is only possible through a
router? AFAIK the Newton has no pppoe drivers. Or is someone secretly
working on one?

--
Jazz.

"Revenge is a rolling pin!" (the Widow's Revenge team from Robot Wars)