Re: [NTLK] opening up a Newton

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 14:37:00 EDT

Trying to open up the Newton yourself, you risk busting the little plastic
tab snaps that hold the Newton together. If you don't feel comfortable doing
this then try finding someone who is or see if Dr. Newton will do it for
you.

If you want to do this yourself there are several good guides for how to
open up a Newton that are on the internet.

http://www.pda-soft.de/hardware.html

Here is some instructions that were translated from Japanese, but has
descriptive pictures.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ndutyme/newtonhack/newtapart.pdf

Instruction at the bottom of this page
http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/2100fast.html