Re: [NTLK] Scratching the screen on my mp120!!!

From: marco.mailand_at_ch.abb.com
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 11:00:51 EDT

>> thanks for the reply marco, i forgot to mention i did this (file the=

stylus
>> tip down a bit) afterwards and was unsure if i should have which is
probobly
>> why i didn't mention it...heh.
>I suspect all you've done is ruin your stylus. Filing would be a way =
of
>INTRODUCING roughness and impurities.
There is some truth in it. However, polishing and grinding take normall=
only a few mils (?) away. There is another important fact to mention: D=
NEVER modify the pen tip of a MP2kx stylus, especially don't make it
shorter. A pen which has a tip which is about 0.5mm shorter will not lo=
nger
reliably release the snap-in mechanics. On my open end list with "small=

projects for the future, if I have time" is a stylus replacement made f=
rom
whith Delrin plasic. The material and the lathe is here but what's need=
ed
is a special tool to machine the complex conture of the stylus in one r=
un
and have the rear threaded part machined w/o re-clamping. That is the m=
ost
challenging technological detail of this fu"*+=E7%g small plastic part.=

bye
Marco

P.S.: Did you guys read my post about my final jaggies success? I haven=
't
got NTLK posts during the last two weeks :-(=